We will be holding our next food drive at the Maryville Kroger Fri Oct 5, 2018 – Sun Oct 7, 2018. Click below to volunteer!
The Community Food Connection of Blount County is a nonprofit, 100% volunteer organization dedicated to reducing food insecurity for citizens in Blount County and helping individuals and families improve their quality of life.
- Christian-based. We are a Christian-based organization.
- Respect for diversity. We recognize and accept that all individuals, whether client or volunteer, are unique and different.
- Integrity. We are respectful of everyone and demonstrate integrity in all situations.
- Empowerment. We offer non-judgmental compassion for others while empowering them to maximize their potential.
- Accountability. We are dedicated to being fully accountable and responsible to each other, the community, clients, volunteers and donors.
- Collaboration. We collaborate with all available community resources to offer the best possible solutions to client needs.
- Teamwork. We strive to improve teamwork so that we might reach our mission.
Established in 1991, Community Food Connection (CFC) of Blount County was born when a group of churches, concerned citizens and the Blount County Ecumenical Action Council decided to pool the resources of numerous food pantries in order to better ensure those in need received food. Committed to feeding the hungry in our community, our purpose is to provide emergency food to any Blount County resident in need. Every person who comes and asks will be given food – no one will ever be turned away. We provide one bag of food to each family that asks for assistance. Families may return after two weeks. With more than 6,000 people needing assistance each month, the CFC relies on both food and monetary donations to keep the shelves stocked. These donations come from individuals, businesses and organizations. In addition, CFC is staffed entirely by volunteers. As the number of families needing assistance grows, so does CFC’s continued need of support. We continually are seeking volunteers to help stock our shelves and fill food sacks. Please consider offering your help to this important initiative.
Community Food Connection offers free groceries to Blount County residents in need every two weeks as needed.
What to bring to Community Food Connection in order to shop:
Any resident of Blount County who is in need can use the food pantry. Please bring proof of address and household size. A recent bill or other piece of mail can be used as proof of address (make sure it’s dated within the previous 3 months). You can also use mail for proof of household size (one piece of mail per person). Examples of other documents for household size would include insurance cards, school IDs, birth certificates, Social Security cards, vaccination records, etc.
Donate to Community Food Connection of Blount County via PayPal.
Or send monetary donations to:
CFC of Blount County
P.O. Box 786
Alcoa, TN 37701
CFC is staffed entirely by volunteers, and we can use your help! To learn more about volunteer opportunities, please fill out the form below.
Community Food Connection of Blount County
311 Whitecrest Drive
Maryville, TN 37801
Phone: (865) 977-4400